Man is a social animal. He cannot live happily in isolation. To live, adjust, compromise, and prosper with others brings real joy. But in this process he forgets the very core fact which is Important to live a purposeful life ….AWARENESS. Being aware not only means knowing what’s happening around, but also knowing oneself. We spend a lot of time talking and thinking about others. Little we meditate to look into our own soul, our potential, weakness, strengths and faults. Thus, we fail to realize our dreams.
God has send each one of us with some specific purpose. Every individual is different and so are their ways, demands and needs. To be successful ( that doesn’t essentially means earning a lot of money) the first and foremost step is to take a deep dive inside our self.
The following steps can help a great deal:
1. Meditation- sit in a quite and clean place, close your eyes and concentrate on your inner energies. Swami Vivekananda has described meditation in the best way. It brings peace and calmness to the mind.
2. Take time to think about your actions, reactions and thought process. What hurts you and why? What makes you happy? What are the areas of improvement?
3. Before finding faults in others, find your own fault. Try to figure out your truth first and then reach any conclusions. Understand that if you wish to change the world, you need to change yourself.
Self awareness helps you a great deal to:
1. Overcome your weaknesses : knowing your weak points is the stepping stone in the process of overcoming the same so half the work is done.
2. Realize your dreams: most of the times people are chasing dreams which are not theirs because they don’t know what actually they want. Introspection in ones own wish pool and coming out with the one achievable is a gift of being self aware.
3. Better human being: above all the best part is that you become better every day. You will find yourself more giving, humble, caring, sensitive, happy and satisfied with your life.